Healthy Choice: Homemade Caesar's Salad

I love cooking. I love trying a lot of things and a lot of different recipes whether it's from the books or from the internet or a hand-me-down recipe from mother, or my own recipe... I just loveeee trying new flavours and love experimenting on food. Well, today, I will share another experiment of mine. Hehehe.. A simple Homemade Caesar's Salad. I mean, anyone can mix up greens and toss them in dressing and call them salad, no? Well, it is true. 

I tried this recipe because Pumpkin wanted to try to eat "healthy". We even had this 14 days challenge of eating just cereals and greens. Yeah, we skipped rice (when I said "we" I really meant, my boyfriend.. hehehe) So I tried a lot of different salad recipes for him and somehow I wanna try Caesar's salad. 
Well, I tried to make it as simple as possible :P

There are 3 parts to the recipe:

1) The Croutons
This is easy. I always do this. Because my mom love my croutons. Especially with cream soups.

1 loaf of French Bread
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Dried Oregano
Dried Thyme

Cut the French Bread into cubes.
Drizzle the EVOO as much as you like. But don't soak it!
Sprinkle the dried oregano and thyme.
Baked till it's brown. I really don't care about the timing. but if you ask, I would say... around 15-20mins.

2. The Dressing
I know the Dressing for Caesar's Salad is so so complicated and well, after reading and researching on the internet on the dressing, I know you have to have anchovies! But I don't want to have anchovies in my dressing. So I tried to "simplify the formula". LOL.

Juice from 1 lemon.
Mayonnaise
Olive oil
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt
Pepper

Simple no? Just mix it all together. Give it a taste.

3. The Salad (and the grill chicken)
Well, as far as I know, you can put anything in a salad. For Caesar's you can add grilled chicken or eggs.
But I like mine with grilled chickens! (I'll share the recipe on Grill Chicken next time :))

Romaine Salad

Yeah. That's about it. Oh and also extra shaved Parmesan Cheese. Coz I love my cheese!
Mix it all together and voila!




My Very Own Caesar's Salad

Comments

Popular Posts